Freitag, 19. Januar 2018

Åre we human? - The Inner Soundtrack 1/2018

I admit, I have for a long time not felt comfortable with the idea of a new triathlon world series, especially not concerning such a deeply loved issue which hhad been one oft he main reasons for my turning away from the exactly that: worldwide race series. Extreme Triathlon instead of Ironman (or Challenge or whatever name you like), Xtri instead of M-Dot. And now? Already the AllXtri trinity seemed suspicious to me, the freshly fonded Xtri World Tour more than irritating. Well, I soon realized that this could be a legitimate way to keep your idea, your creation within reach, commercially and idealistically, before an unprotected term might get out of control. Okay, I am reconciled. For now.

Ever since I discovered the Norseman website in 2003, long before my first participation there, I have been waiting for a similar race in Sweden. When I discovered the Swedeman Xtreme Triathlon 2018 on the horizon, I never had any choice...

Step one of every race preparation, even before the first training plan is scheduled: the creation of The Inner Soundtrack. In the 15th year now, the mental foundation for both the race itself and the endless path there is cast. It's going to be a tough one this year. The Swedeman course is not at all pleasant and the cut-offs are…, well,let´s call them ambitious. So I renounce pathos and epic width, it's all about keeping up strength and pressure.

Forth, and fear no darkness!


DISARM-Smashing Pumpkins
With the dawning day, he curtain rises and reveals the whole absurd size of this venture. The athlete remains silent and in awe.

Come brave-Wovenhand
Enough now, Mr. Edwards takes over. To work!

The way you used to do-Queens Of The Stone Age
QOTSA have returned to the mundane realms of music which is receivable without a university degree, which suit sme as I am the only non-academic in the family. No gem like "Little sister" but definitely good enough for this porpose.

Stone The crow-Down
Imagine for example Lynyrd Skynyrd turning into The Hulk and you may have an idea of what Down sound like. Southern Rock in oversize.

Shadow of the season-Screaming Trees
Mark Lanegan has been a permanent guest here on The Inner Soundtrack over the years. This time with early stuff and not at all singer/songwriterish.

MACHINEHEAD-Bush
No time to waste, keep going, going!

KEINE ANGST-Casper feat. Drangsal
One of my secret hits in 2017. "What you are now is not, what you will be forever". A lot of wisdom for that young people...

Jerk It Out-Caesars
I saw Caesars supporting Placebo exactly 15 years ago. This song is the only one I remember. And if it was the only one they´d ever done, they´d  still be a little immortal.

BLAUE AUGEN-Ideal
TAINTED Love-Soft Cell
Double issue, inseperable from each other. These two songs started what I am talking about when I talk about The Eighties.

SwanS-Laura Carbone
Quite an interesting discovery. Laura Carbone mixes a lot of "sounds-just-like"s to a, well, not really new but quite pleasant whole . The elderly listener perceives traces of Sheryl Crow, Psychedelic Furs, a bit of The Cure here, a little Garbage there. Of course it may as well be all Laura Carbone... If the influences are good, which they definitely are, the sum can not be bad. I am really looking forward to Laura Carbone´s appearance at this year's Owls ´ N Bats Festival.

What difference does it make-The Smiths
Back in time, once more. One of the few songs by The Smiths I can still listen to today...

BORN TO DIE-Lana Del Rey
Yes, we thought so…But yet another reason to do a couple of adventurous races in the meantime…

THE REFRACTORY-Wovenhand
Finally, it's going to be epic again. I do not expect something that you could call real home straight, so let's say "somewhere in the finish area mountains, in the dark"...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen